Orpheum Theatre Auction This Sunday Benefits Artists…Like ME!

The Orpheum Theatre’s 18th Annual Art Auction is this Sunday starting at 2pm at the historic theater on Beale and Main Street in downtown Memphis.

This auction is different from some of the other auctions the Orpheum holds throughout the year. This one gives back to the artists- 75% of the art sold! The other 25 percent goes to the Orpheum’s various education programs.

I’ll have three of my black and white airbrushed “Monsterpieces” there this time around, including this Bride painting, plus Mummy and Sherlock Holmes canvases. Should be over 150 works of art by 60 artists including Michael P. Maness, Rollin Kocsis, Dale Crum, Jessi Scherr, Betsy Bird, and Ron Olson- yep, the DJ paints!

The silent auction begins at 2pm, and the live one starts at 3pm- admission is FREE!

For more info go to- http://www.orpheum-memphis.com/events/detail/18th_annual_art_auction or call 901-525-7800.

There’s also an article about the auction on GoMemphis.com (where I’m mentioned!)

Lin

 

Lin

Lin has been an artist and screen printer in the t-shirt industry for over 25 years and was a graphic artist designing monuments for 5 years. Lin is the creator of the web-comic Scared Silly and was co-creator of the self-published comic book series Bushi Tales (with Pencil Neck Studios partner Dave Beaty). He currently runs a geek travel blog and cartoon site- HaveGeekWillTravel.com. Lin has also done his fair share of freelance art for clients such as Coca-Cola, the Memphis Riverkings (CHL), Topps, Kevin Paige (CD cover art), 96X, and Rock103.. Lin has done mural work for Pancho’s, McDonald’s and Fitzgerald’s Casino, and his artwork has also appeared in The Memphis Flyer, Commercial Appeal, Airbrush Action Magazine, Amazing Figure Modeler, Stargodz (comic book with Conquest Studios), on Rock103 (Wake Up Crew web comic) and The Outdoor Channel’s websites, the MSCA (Mid-South Cartoonists Association) comics It Came From Beneath The Drawing Board and Overdrawn and Underwritten, in author Christa Michael’s first book – Ramblings With Redde: Why Does My Life Seem Like A Bad “B” Flick?, and Comic Geek Speak’s CGS:The End comic. Lin was a volunteer for the Memphis Ronald McDonald House, and an artist and scare-crew member for the Haunted Web Of Horrors charity haunted house (which benefited Youth Villages). He was named the Memphis Ronald McDonald House’s Special Events Volunteer of the Year in 2001, and again with RMH ‘A-Team’ and Nightmarez/HauntedWeb.com co-horts Patrick French and Todd Patton in 2002. He was awarded the “Superman Of Metropolis” award as a guest artist at the 2005 Metropolis Superman Celebration, and was the Artist Guest Of Honor at ShadowconXIII in 2009 and in 2012. He has also won two M.A.R.S. (Memphis Area Radio Stations) awards for writing and voicing radio commercials, and was awarded a 2012 President’s Volunteer Service Award by Volunteer Northwest Mississippi, a volunteer center of the Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi, in conjunction with the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation and the Corporation for National & Community Service. Lin served as the President and Vice-President of the Mid-South Cartoonists Association (MSCA) for 4 years and 9 years, respectively. He is currently a member of the MSCA and DeSoto Arts Council in North Mississippi. He is married to Nicki Workman, and has 3 cats- Jarael, Harley Quinn, and Lex.

You may also like...

No Responses

  1. 9 November, 2015

    […] him and his staff over the years. They all couldn’t be nicer. They’ve had me be part of auctions that benefited artists and even invited me to do a one man art show “Scared Silly” in their lobby which […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *